Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Prayers sometimes DO get answered!

Hello friends! I am BACK from my brief hiatus. I have been married and gone on a honeymoon and am now back at my desk, sneaking in a Lilly Lovers post as I work. I do hope you all have been well. Special thanks to Hopsy for blogging for me while I was out. I've read her posts and I just LOVE the insight she has given us! Hopefully she continues to give us scoop in the future! Thank you, Hopsy.


Now, some of you may remember my post on "the ones that got away" from a little while ago. I was BEYOND excited when darling SweetPea from Horse Hound and Home told me that she had the Andover in my size and had only worn it once and wanted to unload it. I even wore it to my wedding rehearsal! Nothing is more satisfying then finding some Lilly that got away.

Now, on Monday when I returned to work, I didn't have too many tasks to do and I was trying to "ease" myself back into the work week and I decided to go on eBay and see what Lilly was available. I really don't purchase very often on eBay, but I like to see old pieces (and remember that I have them in my own closet!) and old prints. It's the hobby of choice for those with a borderline unhealthy Lilly habit. ;)


I am rambling, I must get to the point! There it was!!!!!!!!!! The Lovell shift I had wanted and missed out on! In a 12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just about died. I placed a ridiculous maximum bid on it (I had to be sure I got it!) and sat and my desk and refreshed. And refreshed. And refreshed. Well, I WON IT! The Lovell is finally MINE! I don't even have it yet and it is already my new favorite. Once it was no longer available, I realized how badly I needed it. I just wish I had it before the wedding. It would have loved to have worn it to the shower or even the rehearsal dinner! Oh, well. I have it now. Well, I will in 5-12 business days.

HAPPINESS! Have you ever found a piece you thought was gone forever??

6 comments:

  1. I still dream about that Andover dress. :o( Maybe one day I will find one in my size on ebay! {a girl can dream right?}
    So happy you found the Lovell! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm so glad that you are enjoying the andover dress, and that you found another one that got away. Best Wishes!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, glad you got your items!

    Welcome back and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, I know you are so happy you finally got this dress. I know how you feel=)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the dress!!! You inspired me to head to e-bay and I found this Lilly bathrobe that I thought was lost forever!!! It is appliqued with little shifts - adorable. I must make this mine:-) Thanks for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on winning that adorable Lilly. I love that dress as well!

    ReplyDelete