Sunday, November 15, 2009

Warehouse Sale THIS WEEK!


Hello friends! Many of you will be attending the OFFICIAL Lilly Pulitzer Warehouse Sale later this week in Pennsylvania. While I am just a tad too far to make it in myself (only around 3000 miles away...), I am excited to see what everyone brings back and what the experience was like.

I am tentatively planning to make the Spring 2010 Warehouse Sale next year, so watch out King of Prussia!

Will you be going to the sale? What are you hoping to find there? Lilly Lovers want to know!

While we are on the topic of sales and Lilly Pulitzer, many Lilly Lovers were VERY unhappy with the very first online Lilly sale. Lilly's Facebook page was inundated with negative comments: "This isn't a good sale, guys. Only a handful of things in a few sizes available. If you're going to promote heavily, you gotta have the stuff to back it up. Badly done." and "are you kidding I just woke up for this?" were just a few of them.

I signed on at 4:35a (7:35 EST), and was surprised by the limited selection. The prices were also a little higher than I expected. I suppose with the huge email campaign they put out I thought it may have been a bigger deal. Having said that, I hope that Lilly continues to provide Lilly Lovers with a chance to buy directly from them, and at a discount. Everyone loves to save money, especially in the current economy. Many Lilly Lovers picked up items they had been eyeing for ages such as the gorgeous Seamus dress and Kassidy dresses. There were also the exquisite jeweled clutches. The turquoise one retailed for $850 and was $249 during the sale. Now, that's a sale!

What are your thoughts on the first-ever Lilly run online sale? Were you amazed by the selection and prices or did the whole thing sort of disappoint? Lilly Lovers want to know!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I am going to the warehouse sale for the first time and am soo excited! Everything sold out really fast at the online sale, I managed to get the the Brennan dress and was really happy to get it at such a great price! I liked the sale and think it would be great if they could do one like this at least once a year, maybe with the mot popular pieces from each of the lines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for one item...the Kassidy! I was happy to see it was there, however I did have to buy one size up because 5 minutes into the sale there were none in my size left. No problem though because I can get it taken in at the tailor. As for the prices, I initially thought that they were a little high considering how much the sale was hyped. I figured we would be talking double digits on most items, or at least LOW triple. I am not going to complain though, I got my Kassidy for much lower than retail, and the Glaston tunic and 2 Paleys for double digit prices! I was a very happy shopper! I can't wait to get my package in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was only able to get one item. But I am happy to have gotten that! I do wish they had had more merchandise. Maybe they will do better next time since this was just the first one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't too happy with the selection of the big online sale and now it has kind of squashed my spirits about driving down to KoP for the Warehouse Sale. Hopefully next time around the selection will be better.

    I will certainly keep Lilly Lovers in the loop if I make the trip to the sale, it might stil happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm most excited to meet the other bloggers xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish that I could go to the Lilly sale, but not able to this year. Missed the online sale as well):

    ReplyDelete
  7. I CANNOT wait for the sale! It was BEYOND fantastic last year and the fact that I know so many attending this year and have LOVED all the 2009 prints and style make me even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are there definite dates for the Spring sale yet?

    ReplyDelete
  9. LF Warehouse Sale "After stopping by this sale briefly (and during the last hour of the last day to boot), I can not imagine ever. l4d survival warehouse

    ReplyDelete