Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lilly...with a Twist! Baby Shower in the Snow!

Lisa from Privilege blog has done it once again! I do believe this is one of my FAVORITE Polyvores! How DARLING! Please enjoy...Lilly...with a Twist.

Lilly had a baby shower to attend. She loved baby showers. She liked babies, for the most part, but she LOVED baby clothes. Oh. My. God. They were so cute! Those little ruffles, and little flowers, and little pinknesses? She could never resist buying at least two outfits as presents. And she always wanted to see photos later, her baby fashion choices in action.

But today she was having trouble figuring out what to wear. It was March. And out East, where her friend lived now, it appeared that winter hadn't yet surrendered to spring. Despite the snow on the ground, Lilly was determined to find a cheery outfit. Something colorful. Something...Lilly. But there was no way around the snow on the ground. Hmm. She had to start with her feet. The Lilly shoes just wouldn't work in the snow. But, wait, she had a wonderful pair of equestrian boots! Black. Comfy. Classic.

Now, add a pair of peacock tights, a Sabine shirtdress, and layer a pink turtleneck underneath. Yes! Good to go! Add a pink hat with pompoms and matching gloves, pull out the winter coat and a Murfee scarf, and Lilly felt ready to bring her customary cheer to the event. To heck with snow. On with the festivities.



14 comments:

  1. Very cute! That's one of my favorite dresses and I LOVE the tights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST bought that sabine shirtdress and love it because it is one of the few lillys I can wear in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love it! I think I will channel this outfit when i attend a March baby shower in chilly New England in 2 weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! I'm with Lilly, down with winter already, it's time to bring on the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I love that my words show in PINK!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's to the coming of summer everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely Lilly's outfit is.. and the baby clothes are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Miss LPC outdid herself with this one, it is a great answer to a timely problem. Love it!
    tp

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started a blog that I think you might like too, especially as a "lilly lover". It combines fashion and giving back to charities. Each week, I will give away 1 Lilly Pulitzer dress (this week it’s the Pink Adelson Shift from Spring 2010) to one lucky follower, who raises awareness of the blog's selected charity through various ways such as tweeting about it or commenting with an interesting fact. I am currently also giving away some great Lilly stationary items too. Please check out my blog at www.shop4charity.blogspot.com because doing good is chic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're tagged! Because I like your blog so much, head on over to my blog, I tagged you for something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is one of the few lillys I can wear in the winter.
    indian classified site

    ReplyDelete
  12. love these. I'm so excited I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog a little over a month ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. Stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news and check out pictures from the fall/winter preview I attended yesterday in Beverly Hills. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love the dress...so cute!! Happy weekend ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this. I think that this is the cutest idea ever. Thank you for posting and sharing this with your readers.


    Please Visit my website : Professional Doctorate

    ReplyDelete